Founder & President, Premier Police Training
With more than 35 years in law enforcement, Don McCrea is a leading expert on Civil Liability/Use of Force and Search & Seizure. He has trained and evaluated thousands of recruits and officers representing city, county, state, federal, and tribal agencies, providing them with essential use of force & search and seizure training.
With the Constitution as his guide, Don maintained a 100% conviction rate throughout his law enforcement career. Using real-life experiences from the street and courtroom, Don has trained officers of all levels and ranks how to understand and apply their lawful authority.
He has authored several books including, “Simplifying Use of Force for Law Enforcement” and “Simplifying Search & Seizure for Law Enforcement”. Don speaks and presents training around the country on some of the biggest topics and challenges that agencies and officers face today.
Don was a state law enforcement academy instructor for nine years and is currently Academic Program Coordinator and Lead Instructor for a four-year university law enforcement program. He still serves his community as part-time deputy sheriff.
“The requirements under the 4th Amendment are not theory to me; they are reality! I put them into practice every day in the classroom, in the courtroom, and on the street.”
REAL TRAINING DESIGNED TO ADDRESS REAL CHALLENGES
Our mission is simple:
We partner with visionary law enforcement administrators who want to significantly reduce their agency’s chance of lawsuit by providing specialized training that produces champion officers and safer communities.
That’s why we’re committed to providing absolute clarity around 4th Amendment issues like search and seizure & use of force — topics that are covered in police training, but rarely taught in a way that provides definitive answers.
But these are not your typical, mandatory police classes. Our private trainings are designed and taught using some of the latest findings in adult learning, which means participants don’t just hear the information… they understand it, engage with it, and remember it.
There’s no level of authority that can cover up for a lack of knowledge. We’re committed to ensuring that every officer we work with — no matter the experience or rank — walks away with the answers, confidence, and tools they need to be their best.
Don’s Experience & Credentials
- Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice – graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Founder and President – Premier Police Training, LLC, a national law enforcement training company
- Certified South Dakota Peace Officer with over 35 years of law enforcement experience
- Served nine years as a Special Assistant Attorney General and law enforcement academy staff Instructor for the Division of Criminal Investigation, Law Enforcement Training Section
- Subject matter expert in scenario-based skills evaluations
- Defensive Tactics Instructor for over 20 years
- Certified Firearms Instructor and MILO use of force simulator evaluator
- Certified Police Ethics Instructor and trained Background Investigator for public agencies
- Expert witness in use of force & search and seizure
- Nationally certified courses through the International Association of the Directors of Law Enforcement Standards and Training (IADLEST)
- Nationally Certified Instructor through the International Association of Law Enforcement
Standards and Training
- International Certified Instructor through the International Association of Law Enforcement
Standards and Training